More Than Words is a specialist marketing, media, and communications agency with significant experience representing clients wishing to promote their range of products and services direct to decision makers within the NHS.
The research activity undertaken by our in-house marketers and the marketers at our data partners has led to the creation of a comprehensive, accurate, and constantly updated direct marketing database of decision makers within the NHS at seven different levels of seniority.
Get in touch with us – let us know more about your business and what you sell. We can then identify which decision makers you’ll need to target to give your campaign the greatest chance of success. Our data can be used for your email marketing campaigns, telemarketing campaigns, and direct mail advertising.
To speak with one of our account managers with experience in selling to the NHS, please contact us on 0330 010 8300 or you can click here to email our direct marketing team.
Our three NHS marketing databases
NHS procurement data
We hold over 1,000 contacts for the individuals and teams responsible for placing tender and non-tender supply opportunities and for making the decisions on which companies and solutions are eventually awarded contracts.
Our NHS supply chain contact marketing database contains:
Most NHS organisations and some larger departments have specific procurement contacts or teams for the following and this is included on our database:
- Adult Services Purchasing/Commissioning – responsible for purchasing products and services for the Adult Services department
- Building/Engineering Purchasing
- Capital Equipment Purchasing
- Central Contract Management
- Central Purchasing of Supplies
- Children’s Services Purchasing/Commissioning – responsible for purchasing products and services for the Children’s Services department
- Commissioning Services
- Departmental Purchasing/Contracts
- Diagnostic/Medical Equipment Purchasing
- Domestic Cleaning/Laundry Purchasing
- Food/Catering Purchasing
- Medical/Surgical Purchasing
- Performance/Planning Purchasing
- Pharmaceutical Purchasing
- Transport Purchasing
Click for more information on our NHS procurement contact list.
Hospital consultant data
Consultants are senior doctors and physicians who lead teams of fellow medical professionals each of which specialises in the same field of medicine.
Our list of NHS consultants contains:
- 51,990 named consultants across 2,573 sites and 237 NHS organisations,
- 51,990 postal addresses,
- 22,874 direct email addresses, and
- 16,116 NHS consultant phone numbers (and 51,990 switchboard numbers).
We hold the details for the following contacts with procurement responsibility for products and services related to medical or clinical needs:
- Accident and Emergency
- Acute (likely to include gastroenterology, older people services, respiratory medicine, endocrinology, cardiology, and so on)
- Clinical Genetics
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Ear Nose and Throat
- Elderly Care (including pre and post operative support and care)
- Family Services (including therapy, counselling, and support)
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Genito-Urinary Medicine and Sexual Health
- Mental Health and Learning Disabilities
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Occupational Medicine
- Occupational Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery
- Public Health Medicine
- Respiratory Medicine
- Women/Children (child and maternity health)
Contacts you may want to ask for include clinical leads, clinical support, consultants, and clinical/medical department managers.
GP surgeries and CCG database
On list of doctors’ practices contains:
- 8,829 general practice records
- 36,280 GP contact names,
- 6,256 telephone numbers, and
- 8,676 direct GP email addresses (plus 2,229 organisational email addresses)
In addition to information held on Clinical Commissioning Groups, we also hold information on Community Health Partnerships, Community Health Service boards, Health and Wellbeing Boards, Welsh Local Health Boards, and Primary Care Networks.
Care home database
Our list of care homes contains the following information:
- 21,437 nursing homes, residential care homes, and rest & retirement homes
- 9,480 care home emails (including nursing home emails and residential home emails)
- 21,003 contact names
- job title for the contact (usually the care homeowner or manager)
Please also ask us about our domiciliary care database when you call.
What information do I receive with each contact?
Our database holds the following information on NHS decision makers:
- Salutation – Mr, Miss, Mrs, Ms, Dr – etc
- First name
- Initial – first name abbreviated to the initial letter
- Last name
- Job Title–official job title
- Seniority – level of management within the organisation they work for
- Qualifications – educational or vocational qualifications the contact is known to have
- Town or city – the town or city in which the contact is based
We hold the following contact details:
- Postal address – the postal address at which the contact is based
- Contact email address – the email address of the contact
- Contact phone – the direct number for the contact or, where that is not available, the switchboard number
And, finally, we hold the following information on the organisations contained on the list:
- Annual spend – twelve month budget shown in millions.
- County – the postal county in which the contact is based
- Internal department – in most cases on the database, this is the purchasing and procurement team or department
- Main email – the main e-mail address for the organisation
- Main phone – the main telephone/switchboard number for the organisation
- Websites – the URL for the main website of the NHS trust listed
- Main site – indicates is the person is located at the headquarters or main site for the organization they work for
- Name of the organisation – official legal title
- Staffing level – number of staff employed by the organisation
- Organisational notes – Useful information we find including forthcoming changes/mergers and so on
- Organisation Type – in all cases on this database, this is the NHS
- Organisation Type Additional – for example, NHS Foundation Trust as well as individual NHS trusts
- Postcode – the postcode of the location at which the contact is based
- Population served – the population served by the organisation (this enables suppliers to estimate the number of patients served annually)
Planning direct marketing campaigns to NHS decision makers
Even though all NHS organisations have the same healthcare goals, most have very different internal structure from each other.
The major problem and challenge for any company wanting to promote their goods, services, and solutions into the NHS is to identify exactly who they should be getting in communication with.
This difficulty is compounded by frequent change and reorganisation not only within individual departments but of the structure of the NHS as a whole.
Who do you want to approach?
There is a wide range of different job titles used and they vary from trust to trust and hospital to hospital so, when compiling our database, our marketers have focused on purchasing responsibility more than they have on job titles.
To achieve the greatest results from your campaign and to make the most efficient use of your marketing resources, the best approach is to first contact one of our account managers.
Explain to them what it is you sell and, working with you, we’ll make sure that we only send your marketing messages to the people who appreciate the importance of your products and services in the pursuit of best service delivery.
How do you want to get in touch with NHS decision makers?
Part of our wider UK public sector database, you can get in touch with decision makers within the NHS in three different ways – by email, phone, and direct mail.
Three different direct advertising channels to NHS budget holders and senior staff
When deciding on which direct marketing strategy or strategies you’ll use to market your product, service, or solution to the NHS, we recommend you contact our media team first.
Their job is to make sure that you spend your resources in such a way that you get the maximum number of exposures to each decision maker possible from the money you spend with us.
The greater the number of views and exposures decision makers have to your marketing campaigns, the more they’ll trust your brand identity and understand the benefits your products and services deliver.
For companies whose current marketing budget constraints are a challenge to finding new prospects, the most cost-effective of the three direct advertising media choices is email marketing.
When we have identified the decision makers you want to get in touch with, we’ll send you the data file. You can use it for 12 months following your purchase.
More Than Words note – do you lack the staff and the infrastructure to send your own email campaigns? Please speak to us about our managed email marketing campaigns to the public sector.
Telemarketing offers your company the opportunity to open two-way dialogue with the decision makers you’ve selected.
You can also use telemarketing for market research including speaking to stakeholders. Let us know the aim of your campaign and we’ll supply you with the correct data.
More Than Words – if you don’t currently have a telesales team and you’d like us to contact the decision makers you’ve selected on your behalf, please speak to us about our outsourced telemarketing campaigns to the public sector.
Direct mail advertising
You may also use the contact information on our NHS marketing database to send brochures, white papers, and more direct to decision makers.
Although direct mail advertising are the most expensive types of campaigns to run, they generally enjoy a response rate greater than than of email marketing and telemarketing.
Which other healthcare marketing databases do you sell?
Click for our list of NHS consultants, list of doctors’ surgeries, list of practice managers’ email addresses, NHS email database, NHS procurement contact list, and list of dentists’ surgeries.
Finding sales opportunities in the NHS with More Than Words
With all clients, we are committed to exploring every avenue necessary to achieve the maximum levels of success and value for money on your marketing campaigns to the NHS.
Let us get in touch with the right buyers and stakeholders to tell your story. Please get in touch and share with us information about your company, what you sell, and what your marketing and sales goals and priorities are with your campaigns to the NHS.
To speak with one of our account managers, please contact us on 0330 010 8300 or you can click here to email our UK public sector database team.