Use telemarketing to schools to sell more in the education sector
More Than Words Marketing’s reps are experienced and successful in telemarketing to schools, because they are adept in:
- finding new opportunities to grow our client’s businesses in this sector, and
- deepening the connections our clients already have with school heads, teachers, and leaders.
We offer five types of telemarketing services to clients targeting educational institutions in the UK:
- Making face-to-face appointments to see head teachers, school leaders, and individual teachers
- Lead generation services for your marketing and sales team to follow up
- Research into the individual schools you wish to target
- Building awareness of your company name, its brand, and its products and services within the education sector
- Personal invitations to attend exhibitions you’re attending or events you’re hosting
Where will the data for a telemarketing to schools campaign come from?
We can either use our in-house schools marketing database on your campaign, your customer/prospect list, or a mixture of both.If you want us to work from your database, we’re happy to sign an NDA.
Who’ll be working on your campaign
The three different marketing professionals working on your campaign will be:
- a telemarketer with a wide range of experience contacting schools, marketing and selling,
- an experienced telemarketing manager who trains your telemarketer and monitors your telemarketer’s progress during your campaign, and
- a telesales account manager who creates the approach we use to prospects including openings, question handling, and closing.
Booking education industry telemarketing
You book your campaign by the number of hours we call for you (subject to a minimum order of 40 hours). Once your campaign has been booked and paid for, we then confirm the dates and times in consultation with you. We do not charge any set up fees for this service.
When your campaign is live
When we’re working on your campaign, you benefit from:
- immediate contact from us when we speak to a school principal, leader, or teacher who is close to making a decision to purchase your products and services and
- online tracking of your campaign in real time (including seeing the notes written by your telemarketer after every call).
How our telemarketing to schools service works
Fully managed service including telemarketer and full training
- Oversight on all aspects of your campaign
- Dedicated account manager responsible for training and briefing
- Qualification of all leads
Experienced education telemarketer for your campaign
- Your caller understands the education market
- Experienced at getting the information you need
- Highly effective at bypassing gatekeepers
- Log in anytime to see call notes
- Immediate notification of leads/appointments
- Weekly reporting
Education marketing over the phone builds valuable connections
Email and postal marketing to schools still work really well. However, the most overlooked and mistakenly-undervalued promotional channel today open to companies is telemarketing to the education sector.
We’re one of the UK’s leading providers of school email marketing campaigns. We know that email and postal marketing delivers leads – but they don’t always promote deeper conversations.
And sometimes it’s that lack of immediate two-way communication which prevents relationships from being established and orders from being placed. By following up your emails and letters to schools, you can start a shared conversation and gain a deeper understanding of each other.
In fact, you don’t even need an email or letter to make your initial contact – you can use telemarketing as your starting point. What opportunities does education telemarketing present to your company?
5 ways to use telemarketing to schools in the education sector
1. Make an appointment for a sales visit
Many education sales reps still call in unannounced to schools to present new products or services to head teachers and other senior member of staff. While this is still a successful strategy for many firms, the timing of your visit can be hit or miss.
We set up appointments specifically agreed in advance with a head, leader, or teacher. This means when your rep arrives, your decision maker will be ready. Many heads and school leaders still prefer to meet a supplier representative prior to placing an order. Our education telemarketing team will speak to your chosen contact directly and attempt to book a face-to-face time for you to meet them.
2. Market intelligence
Most suppliers in the education sector build up productive and valuable long-term relationships with school administrators and decision makers. However, your company could be missing out on opportunities to build new relationships and to profit more from its existing ones. Let us speak with the schools you already work with (and the schools you want to work with) to better understand current and future trends in the education marketplace.
This information provides you with what you need to know about to stay ahead of your competitors. You can build up a deeper understanding of the wider state of the market as a whole and of the needs of each individual school we contact for you.
3. Build brand awareness
With over 500,000 teachers in the UK, placing your brand, your products, and your services in front of enough of your target audience is a challenge. Find the widest possible audience by using our telemarketers to communicate with school heads, leaders, and teachers. Let us create a marketing database for you containing the leaders and teachers of greatest commercial value to you from the conversations we have.
4. Promote an event
There are over 100 education and training conferences, exhibitions, and workshops held in the UK every year. Competition is high to attract heads, school leaders, and teachers to attend. Let us personally invite the education professionals you’d like to see attend your stand with an introductory phone call from our team.
5. Improve your data
Let us contact schools on your behalf (from either your list or our list) to determine who is in charge of the purchasing decision for your products or services. At the same time, we can ask questions about their current provider, contract end dates, school budgets, and any other factor relevant to you. The information we discover and record from telemarketing is yours and we do not use it to append our own databases.
Why telemarketing to schools works with educators
Getting into meaningful, relationship-initiating conversations with prospective customers is really valuable. However, it’s something that most of your competitors will not add to their marketing strategy.
There are a variety of reasons for that, specifically:
- lack of knowledge on how to recruit or manage telesales staff,
- how telemarketing to educational establishments should be done,
- a lack of awareness of just how responsive schools are to telemarketing, and
- a personal dislike of telemarketing which they assume everyone else shares.
Our telemarketers are very comfortable when working in the education market. They are experienced in speaking to head teachers, school leaders and teachers. The two-way dialogue we initiate allows you to better know what requirements each individual school has for your product or service – right now or in the future.
With better information comes higher returns on your investment from direct marketing. Whenever an opportunity arises for an immediate appointment, or quote arises, we arrange a time for you to meet the decision maker in person or make a follow-up call.