Your 5-minute start-up guide for a successful outsourced telemarketing campaign
More Than Words Marketing is an experienced telemarketing and lead generation company. Our clients use telemarketing to target businesses, schools, and the public sector.
Our popular telemarketing service can be used to:
- establish a rapport with your potential clients,
- provide your sales team with leads and appointments, and
- obtain market intelligence from existing clients and potential customers.
There are six main things you need to know before booking a telemarketing campaign with More Than Words Marketing and they are as follows:
- the four different types of telemarketing activity – appointment setting, lead generation, market research/market intelligence, and encouraging attendance at an exhibition or event you’re attending or hosting,
- how to plan successful telemarketing campaigns – choosing your target audience and what results you want your telemarketing team to deliver for you,
- who your telemarketing campaign team will be – who will be working on your campaign from your account manager, sales support administrator to the telemarketers themselves,
- what happens when your telemarketing campaign is underway – find out more on how you’ll be able to monitor progress, listen to telemarketing calls made on your behalf, and how you’ll be notified when we find quality leads which need immediate follow-up,
- frequently-asked questions – what our account managers are asked the most about telemarketing and telesales, and
- how to book a telemarketing campaign with More Than Words Marketing.
1. The four main types of telemarketing
On new business campaigns, a telemarketer will call the decision makers (DMs) on the list of numbers or database provided.
Their goal is to make face to face appointments with those DMs, while lining up opportunities for your sales team to close.
Lead generation telemarketing
With lead generation telemarketing, the goal is to establish the level of interest a prospective customer has in a company’s product and service.
Leads are then generally passed on to a telesales representative or a field sales rep for closing.
More Than Words note – most appointment and lead-focused campaigns use cold calling. Depending on the product or service, these tend to generate 1 lead for every 70-80 outbound calls made.
Want to know more about your existing and potential customers? A deeper knowledge of your target customers leads to better results and more business from future promotional campaigns.
Exhibitions and shows
Exhibitions, trade shows, and self-hosted events are major sources of business for many businesses.
We can invite existing and potential customers to your event for you – results are particularly impressive when carrying out telesales campaigns to harder-to-reach industries and sectors.
2. Planning successful telemarketing campaigns
When planning a campaign, you need to consider your target market and what results you want to achieve.
If you want to connect with target audiences new to your company and its products or services, you can either supply us with the data you have or we can build a cold calling list for you.
We can provide:
- B2B telemarketing data – over 3,000,000 DMs
- Telemarketing to schools data – over 50,000 head teachers and 100,000s more teachers
- Telemarketing to the public sector data – 250,000 DMs and elected officials with over 800 different job roles and functions
Our data includes:
- decision maker name,
- email contact address,
- telephone number, and
- a wide range of other business information for the potential customers you identify.
Our service provides you with personal data for businesses, based on a search we perform against our GDPR-compliant database.
This is important since businesses must remain in line with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) and the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (CTPS). These registers allow individuals who don’t want to be cold called to avoid being contacted by “opting out”.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) can fine businesses that violate TPS and CTPS guidelines, and there is potential reputational damage from being exposed as a company that breaks these regulations.
By using More Than Words’ service you can rest assured that your telemarketers are only contacting those companies who are most relevant to you, most likely to need what you sell, and who consent to receive calls.
If you want us to conduct telemarketing to your own customer database, please send your files over.
Campaign results and outcomes
You and your telemarketing company will need to work out the following benchmarks to measure the performance of staff involved on your campaign:
- telephone calls per hour – except during hours where a long conversation takes place, a telemarketing rep should make around 20 telephone calls per hour
- appointments/leads – the average shift for a telephone marketer is four hours. How many appointments or leads should be generated within that time?
- additional information – in addition to verifying budget holder name, email address, and other contact information, how much additional sales information did the rep get from the decision maker?
- invitations – how many prospects and customers have been invited to the exhibition or event you’re hosting or attending. What proportion of email or direct mail ads have been followed up on with a phone call?
3. Your outbound telemarketing campaign team
There are at least three members of staff involved in a B2B marketing campaign. They are:
The telesales manager on your campaign will have years of experience in training telesales reps on how to present and sell. They will manage their team during each live telemarketing call, sharing their tips on making a sales call, generating appointments, and gathering information.
Your telesales account manager creates the structure and approach needed to present best what it is you’re selling to DMs.
- marketing call opening,
- how to handle the questions most likely to arise during a cold call,
- which benefits of your products/services to home in on, and
- other tips on how to make the conversation flow naturally.
We choose the telemarketer(s) with experience in selling your product or service or experience selling to the markets you’re targeting. Our staff are all UK-based.
4. When your telemarketing campaign is underway
Live campaign information
Use your Google workspace folder" to watch the progress of your campaign online. See the notes they make next to each name and company during each live call.
Instant notification for follow-ups
If we think your sales team needs to follow up on a call immediately, we’ll notify you straight away by sending a Live Lead alert via email.
More Than Words Note: Read our recent case studies from a training consultancy, PPE company, vending machine business, and children's charity to find out how outsourcing telemarketing to More Than Words Marketing worked and the results that were generated.
Start planning your own telemarketing campaign to generate quality leads and appointments
More Than Words has provided telemarketing data and telemarketing agency services to hundreds of companies since our launch in 2016.
Let us know about your company, what you sell, who you sell it to, and we can discuss how our telemarketing firm can help your business growth
Please call us on 0330 010 8300 or you can email us by clicking here.