What email marketing can achieve
Email verification is growing in popularity among British businesses as many companies depend on email marketing for their growth.
This is because email marketing has long been an important driver of leads and sales in the business, education, and public sectors.
The return on investment produced by email outreach is significantly higher than any other form of marketing.
But email deliverability is key.
5 reasons you should invest in our email verification service
1. In your customer database, up to 1% of all client data, including email addresses, will be incorrectly entered.
2. Up to 8% of contact forms on websites that people fill out are entered incorrectly. Many companies retain this data but never get around to correcting it.
3. B2B email databases , school email address lists, and public sector email addresses are easy to come by and cost very little.
Unfortunately, many of these databases have been stolen from employers of those selling them, so you do not own them. Further, because marketing data decays at a rate of 22.5% a year, most of it might be useless by the time you acquire it.
4. Some of the businesses and organizations on these databases will no longer exist.
These now-invalid emails are often purchased by ISPs and organisations so they can reuse them as spam traps. When unsuspecting companies send emails to invalid email addresses, they are usually sent to a spam folder. Sender reputation is important, and “spamming” (as your email provider would define it) is against their terms and conditions.
5. Lastly, there is GDPR. Before May 2018, it was legal to send cold email to sole traders and partners within unincorporated partnerships without permission. Now it isn’t. If your databases pre-date May 2018, you have to make sure the companies and organisations on them are corporate bodies, not individuals, even if they are sole traders or partners.
Our GDPR policy is available to view online.
How to use our email appending service