More Than Words has a number of transport-focused databases for clients looking to sell their products and services to the sector including a newly-updated list of haulage companies in the UK.
Companies working alongside transport companies in the UK will know the importance of the transportation and storage industry to the British economy.
Santander estimates that the sector contributes an average £124bn to the UK economy each year, with 2.7 million employees working in the wider logistics industry.
The industry is also constantly changing due to increased focus on sustainability, technological advancements, the emergence of new markets and fluctuating demands for certain products and materials.
This offers a prime opportunity for businesses selling to the sector to finesse their marketing approach and bring in new orders all year round.
When marketing to the transport and logistics industry a targeted, GDPR-compliant, UK haulage companies list is the most effective way to make connections with and generate sales leads from the right contacts.
On this page, we look at how using our transport companies UK list will boost the visibility of your company and its products and services in any area of the transportation sector.
We also cover:
- what information you can access on our database
- the two levels of service we offer
- who will be working on your campaign with you
- tips for successful marketing to transport companies
- advantages of using a More Than Words database
- how to enhance your existing marketing strategy
- how you can contact us
What’s on our list of haulage companies in the UK?
The More Than Words transport companies database provides a complete and current list of companies in the transport, haulage and delivery sectors.
The list includes contact details for key decision makers and high-level personnel within each company and itoffers multiple fields per entry for more advanced segmentation and targeted campaigns.
We offer three main databases for companies marketing to the transport sector:
1. UK haulage companies database
- 6,519 postal addresses
- 4,842 phone numbers
- 3,022 email addresses
2. List of courier companies in the UK
- 4,011 postal addresses
- 2,702 phone numbers
- 1,122 email addresses
3. List of coach companies (incorporating our list of bus companies)
- 694 postal addresses
- 579 phone numbers
- 299 email addresses
Please note that you don’t have to purchase the entire database.
When you get in touch with us, share which types of company are of the most interest to you and we’ll create a bespoke list for your marketing campaigns.
Our two levels of service
More Than Words offers clients two options for marketing to transport companies in the UK:
- a database-only service and
- a comprehensive managed email marketing service.
Database only service
More Than Words’ database-only transport companies UK database service incorporates the following four services:
1. Our full data and information file for the sector of your choosing
- a comprehensive database for up-to-date UK transport companies within your chosen sector, including contact details and complete information to offer multiple ways to connect
- Most entries have multiple fields, allowing for segmentation and more targeted marketing practices
2. A full 12 month lease from the date of purchase
- you have a full year to network and make connections with all of the entries on your database.
3. Account manager support
- your own dedicated account manager, on-hand to provide any help you need for the entire lease period of the database
4. Access to our technical and advertising support teams
- technical support on using and maintaining your database
- support with and feedback for your own marketing campaigns
Managed email marketing campaigns
A fully-managed email marketing campaign spread out across 12 months for maximum impact, this service includes:
1. Email designs
- our team of experienced copywriters and designers work in tandem with you to create targeted email marketing messages ready to be sent out to your choice of contacts from your UK haulage companies list.
2. Email campaigns
- our trusted servers guarantee a high rate of delivery to the recipients’ inboxes
3. Full reports for each email campaign
- we will contact you immediately when a recipient interacts with one of your email communications, allowing you to follow up in a timely manner.
- three days after each mailout, we send you a full analytics report showing you which contacts opened your email, how many times they opened it, which recipients clicked through to your website and which of your contacts chose to unsubscribe from your emails.
Who will be working on your campaign with you?
More Than Words comprises a skilled and experienced sales and marketing team, including copywriters, designers, content planners and a first-class dispatch and reporting team.
All of these professionals will be available to you from the purchase of your transport companies list either in a hands-on way helping you to design and send out effective marketing messages, or providing support and feedback on your own in-house designed campaigns.
Successful marketing to transport companies
Our transport companies UK database is useful for businesses across the entire breadth of transport and logistics operations.
Any companies involved in supply chains, from end-to-end operators to those specialising in logistics, bulk handling or shipping, would benefit from a relevant source of contact details for the transport industry.
You can choose a more specialised database if you only require connections in a specific area, such as our bus & coach operators list for those in the tourism industry, or the courier and UK delivery companies list for those in financial services.
One of the main benefits of using a curated database is that you can spend more time on user segmentation.
Basic user segmentation will allow you to create more personalised communications based on something you know about the company – for example, on the number of employees.
Thus, if you are a company providing employee perks, for example, you could sell spaces at large events to big companies and smaller gift-based ideas to SMEs.
More complex segmentation takes this idea even further, so you analyse your contact list across multiple data points for much more detailed user segments.
This allows you to combine your contacts into different groups.
You may create a group where your contacts are logistics managers for small businesses with a decreasing turnover, for example.
Doing this allows your messages to be far more focused, and raises the chances of contacts responding favourably.
The most advanced form of segmentation involves predictive analytics, using information known about a contact and their past behaviour to predict what they will do next.
This method requires some relationship with a contact, but thanks to the database being available to you for 12 months, you can do this with ease.
The three main advantages of using our databases
1. Offer personalised solutions
Cold contacting has a better chance of success if the message is personalised.
Our databases have multiple fields per entry, providing numerous details about the business and contact so that you can segment your audience and create more targeted messages.
One standard email marketing message can be adapted to create a solution that feels specific to the needs of the individual simply by segmenting your list and sending a slightly different message to each group.
2. Identify high-value contacts
Our managed email marketing service provides full analytics for each of your transmissions, enabling you to identify the more-interested and most-engaged recipients.
We suggest focusing on these contacts first when sending follow up emails or using telemarketing, as these will be the most likely to convert.
3. Conversion-focused marketing communication
Making conversions can be as simple as contacting a lead at the right time. Over 12 months of marketing messages, you will be able to better predict how a message will fare before you send it.
Using the knowledge you have garnered over the course of the year and the connections you have pinpointed as your most highly-engaged, it will be simple to construct the right message to bring in new business.
Our managed email marketing campaigns to the transport sector
If you purchase our managed email marketing campaigns to the transport sector, our expert team of copywriters and designers will create a compelling and eye-catching email to send out to the contacts you’ev chosen once a month.
After three days, we send you a full analytics report showing:
- which recipients opened your email and how many times,
- which recipients clicked through to your website and how many times, and
- which recipients opted out of being included on future campaigns
For direct replies and queries you receive from your campaign, we will forward those to you within half an hour of receipt for immediate follow-up.
Following up or support with a telemarketing campaign
Most businesses find that a combination of email marketing and telephone marketing approaches have a far higher rate of conversion than either of these strategies on their own.
In order to build a stronger connection with contacts from your UK delivery companies list, we offer follow-up outsourced telemarketing services. We will contact a combination of:
- the transport companies on the database you most want to do business with and
- the UK transport companies who open your email and click through to your website the most.
We will provide you with an online campaign folder where you can view these calls as they happen in real time and manage any follow up actions required.
Ordering your copy of the transport companies database
To find out more about our selection of transport companies databases, please call us on 0330 010 8300 or click here to email us and ask us how we can work with you to market your products to businesses across the transport and logistics sector.