A comprehensive UK accountants database of UK accountancy practices is a valuable resource for many businesses including the financial sector.
The accountancy sector in the UK has a combined annual turnover of £5.3bn a year, and is continuously growing and changing.
This creates significant opportunities for new businesses and start-ups wishing to supply products to the sector.
Some of our clients work in financial services and they are looking to network with individuals in similar sectors.
Others have a financial product, service, or software that they believe will be of interest to those in this area.
Accountants database for direct marketing
Our UK accountants email database features high quality data, helpful for any financial services direct marketing campaign.
- 15,253 data records for chartered accountants, tax accountants and bookkeepers in the UK,
- 15,253 contact names,
- 8,940 phone numbers, and
- 7,737 email addresses for budget-holders and decision-makers in accounting firms.
Consult with your account manager to choose from our database.
Select the companies of most interest to you whether it’s for your general accounting services or more specialist services like R&D Tax Credit consulting.
Being as precise as possible about the companies you’re interested in targeting offers a higher return on your investment.
More Than Words note - Looking for SIC codes for accountants in the UK? The best SIC code is 69200 (Accounting, bookkeeping and auditing activities; tax consultancy). Some accountants may choose to list under 69201 (Accounting, and auditing activities), 69202 (Bookkeeping activities), or 69203 (Tax consultancy).
What information is contained on the accounts email database list?
- contact name (separate fields for first and last name)
- job title
- company name (name of firm)
- line of business
- legal status
- location in the UK, including full postal address
- business telephone number (main switchboard number)
- the email address
- number of employees (90%)
- number of branches (90%)
- type of premises (70%)
- business website address (75%)
- company turnover (banded) (60%)
- year the original company began trading (40%)
- company registration number (8%)
- incorporation date (8%)
Please note that the figures shown in brackets above means the percentage of completed data fields across the entire UK business database.
We only want to sell our clients a comprehensive list of the highest quality data, that is the most relevant to your business. If a particular data field is important to you, just let us know and we’ll be certain to always only include those records in the search results we send you.
How accurate is accountants database?
We provide the following guarantees on our list of accountants:
- 85% email deliver-ability (excluding soft bounces)
- 92% telephone number accuracy
- 98% postal address accuracy
Our data quality guarantee means that 85% of the emails you send will deliver directly to potential customers and not result in a hard bounce.
We guarantee that 98% of the postal addresses will be accurate and 95% of the telephone numbers.
For any details that are not accurate, above our guarantee, we will provide a pro-rata refund or replacement records.
Guidance on licence terms and file format
You may use the data for the 12 months following payment of your invoice (with a maximum of one email campaign per month).
We provide the data from our UK accountants database in Microsoft Excel (.xlsx), or comma-separated value formats.
Marketing campaigns – support with using the accountants database
For many clients, a precise list of accountants and accounting companies is all they need to boost their marketing efforts and reach out to new markets.
As data experts, More Than Words can provide you with an accurate, GDPR compliant contact list.
If your own marketing team is confident in creating marketing campaigns you may want to choose our database-only service.
Self-service accountants data lists
When you order a list of accountants from us you’ll receive:
- UK accountants database –we’ll send your databases in an Excel or CSV file.
- Technical support – if you want help using the data on your marketing list, our team can provide technical support throughout your 12-month license.
- Marketing support – want help with what messages you send your list of accountants? You benefit from 12 months’ advertising support.
- A year to find new clients – direct marketing is something you should do every month. Why? Because, by staying in touch with decision makers, they know better the products and services you sell and trust your company more as a legitimate supplier.
If you lack the resources, employees or infrastructure to carry out your own marketing campaigns, we provide an outsourced marketing service to our customers.
Managed email marketing campaign service
We’ll be working with you for a year and, during those 12 months, you have access to:
- email advertisements – our professional designers and copywriters will create original content that is relevant, accurate and helpful to industry professionals,
- email campaigns – we send your email campaigns to the databases or individual firms you’ve specified,
- campaign reports – you’ll receive in-depth analysis showing how recipients interacted with each broadcast, and
- a copy of the data we’re using on your campaign (including contact name, email address, telephone number, lines of business, and so on) enabling you to follow up as appropriate
We create each email campaign to reflect your visual and linguistic branding. When we receive a direct enquiry from your campaign, we’ll send you the company name and recipient’s contact details.
Three days after the broadcast has been sent, we produce a campaign report showing:
- who from your prospect list opened your email and how many times they opened it,
- who clicked through to your website after receiving your email and how many times they clicked through, and
- anyone who is not interested in your service and wishes to unsubscribe.
You can generate additional leads and set a date for new appointments by following up on the recipients by telephone.
Start calling those who opened and clicked through from your email the most.
Telemarketing service to accountants
Our telemarketing service provides an optimal way to generate leads and sales from your accountants database.
Our experienced UK based telemarketers have a strong working knowledge of the market. They are comfortable speaking with companies and individual accountants alike.
This service includes:
- Conversations with the decision makers who matter – we’ll call the decision makers from your accountants database across 45 hours. This equates to around 800 to 1,000 conversations. To make the most from your campaign, let us know the 800 to 1,000 accountants of greatest importance to you and we’ll get in touch.
- Achieving the goals you want – agree with your account manager what you want from the campaign. This could be setting appointments, generation of leads for your sales team to follow-up, market research, or a mixture of some or all of these aims.
- Telemarketing rep training and introduction – once you’ve signed off your telemarketing brief, your telemarketing rep will be trained on the market you are aiming for and the aims of your campaign by their manager. We strongly encourage you and the rep working on your campaign to speak with each other prior to calling so that you can get to know each other.
- Campaign underway – you’ll be able to see your rep make live notes when calling via workspace.
- Live lead alerts – if, following a call, your rep believes that there is a strong advantage in your getting in touch with a decision maker they’ve spoken to straight away, they’ll let you know immediately.
Can’t I get this data for free elsewhere?
We only supply data that is ethically-sourced and GDPR compliant. You can find online records with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. On that site, you find a full UK industry list of member firms – this is their ICAEW list of accountants.
There is a similar list of UK member companies available at the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants on whose website you can find the full ACCA accountant list. Although you can’t download the data from the lists, you’re able to use the search service on their websites to find the firms you want.
However, suppliers often find that building a data list from hundreds of different search requests is time-consuming and challenging. You need to find the right data (including the employees responsible for purchasing) to create a list of accountants that has all the details necessary for appealing, helpful and professional marketing campaigns
In addition, you can only send email marketing campaigns to limited companies in the UK. At the time of writing, it’s not clear from either the online ICAEW accountants database or the ACCA accountants database whether that distinction is consistently made.
If you email an accountancy practice which is not a limited company, this will be a breach of GDPR data guidelines.
UK accountants database list
The UK list of accountants provides you with the right data to sell your product or service to decision makers within the sector.
To ensure that you have the best chance of generating a significant business return on your marketing to UK accountants please call us on 0330 010 8300 or you click here to email us and contact our marketing databases team