List of clothing stores for direct marketing campaigns
Businesses selling products and services into the UK retail sector can benefit from a list of clothing stores.
More Than Words’ physical and online clothing store database is part of our extensive UK business database. We provide accurate, relevant data to assist your marketing campaigns.
The UK’s clothing, accessories and footwear market has grown consistently over the last seven years. It is forecast to reach £66.9 billion by 2026, growing faster than average.
The number of clothes retailers and manufacturers is on the rise. There is also a wide range of emerging niche markets, such as plus-size streetwear and vintage clothing.
Retailer decision-making tends to be the responsibility of the chain or store’s owner or director.
Clothing brand buyers do market research to find out which items are most likely to sell and which trends are incoming. The buyer must also establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and manufacturers.
For larger purchase orders and designer clothes, the buyer will often be the final sign-off.
What’s on our list of clothing stores?
More Than Words’ list of clothing stores comprises:
- 5,652 names for high-level contacts in clothing stores
- 8,200 with postal addresses
- 7,225 phone numbers (direct or main switchboard)
- 1,276 email addresses
Our clients search for various high street, designer clothing and online store names, including:
- John Lewis
- Harvey Nichols
- Alexander McQueen
- Body Shop
- Dorothy Perkins
- JD Sports
- North Face
- The Fragrance Shop
- Urban Outfitters
- The White Company
- Pretty Little Thing, and
- Sports Direct
More Than Words note – looking for SIC codes for clothing stores? The UK SIC code is 47710 – “Retail sale of clothing in specialised stores”.
Our direct marketing services
1. Directory of retailers
- a comprehensive list of retail and department store contacts,
- the phone numbers and emails of retail decision makers,
- the data is available for 12 months after purchase, and
- each entry has multiple fields.
2. An email marketing design, three email campaigns, and follow-up reports
- our copywriters and designers collaborate to design one compelling email design.
- our trusted servers deliver three email marketing campaigns
- we provide full reports for every email campaign – an Excel spreadsheet showing every email click through and open.
3. After-sales support services
- we have in-house data technicians to assist you regardless of your level of technical knowledge.
- during the time you own the list, we will review any campaigns you design yourself, along with support from our design and copywriting teams.
Marketing to our list of clothing stores
Our retailer database can help your business reach retail decision makers with a need for your products and purchasing authority. This database is a valuable resource for your direct marketing efforts. Direct marketing refers to businesses contacting a highly-targeted audience with products, services or offers that are tailored specifically to them.
This is usually done by post, email or over the phone.
Email marketing to our list of clothing retailers
Email campaigns are a highly effective method of reaching the decision makers on our list of clothing stores.
When you have a limited marketing budget, email marketing offers you the ability to reach a lot of prospects without spending too much.
All you need to pay for is your list and access to an email marketing platform. From here you can market to as many online shopping sites and clothing stores as you wish.
Your email, website and social media presence can direct any fashion brand to the most relevant offers for them.
A B2B email database provides you with an immediate way to reach out to contacts. Marketing strategies that are time-sensitive, such as a promotion or offer tailored to each recipient, are ideal for this method.
With email marketing software, you can also track and analyse your emails. This insight can be used to refine your email campaigns over time based on which emails were opened, read, and clicked.
Telemarketing to our list of clothing stores
The key to successful marketing is standing out from the crowd, whether you communicate with major chain stores or UK SMEs.
Adding telemarketing to your marketing campaigns makes the clothing stores on your list feel more connected to your business.
Telemarketing data from our fashion sector database can be used for:
- appointment setting – setting up face-to-face meetings with buyers in the fashion retail sector
- lead generation – identifying new leads for your sales team,
- data cleansing – cleanse and maintain your clothing store’s contact database
- market research – asking questions and gathering information helps you better understand your prospective customers.
Managed marketing campaigns from More Than Words
With our managed B2B email marketing campaigns, our in-house copywriters, designers and campaign planners create and implement an email campaign to target your prospects.
We also provide managed B2B telemarketing campaigns, where our telesales representatives contact the individuals on your list of clothing stores on your behalf.
Marketing and selling to fashion retail sector decision makers
Any retail store strives to increase or maintain the level of custom every day, regardless of size or niche.
Clothing stores do this mainly by:
- reward programmes,
- running sales and offers,
- staying on top of trends and stocking desirable products, and
- store positioning (both physical location or online).
If you want to make the case to buyers and store managers of the value of your products, show them how they can bring in more customers by using any of the above methods.
Focus your marketing messages on how your products and services benefit the end customer. Follow up with prospects to be sure they received your message or if they have questions. It is crucial to stay top of mind in the retail industry because there is so much competition.
Finally, providing free samples or demonstrations can maximise sales conversions by up to 90% in some markets.
Find out more about our list of clothing stores
Your direct marketing campaign will be more successful if you have an accurate, up-to-date list of clothing stores.
Our marketing databases team can help you with your next campaign to the clothing sector.
Call 0330 010 8300 or click here to email them.