The most successful marketing campaigns, the campaigns which generate the greatest levels of response and sales, have two things in common:
- the most targeted and up-to-date mailing list and
- great creative which engages with the target audience and strongly sells the benefits of the products and services you’re selling.
Looking for mailing lists to carry out your own campaigns?
More Than Words is a full-service direct marketing agency. If you need accurate, compliant, and comprehensive data to reach direct to your target market, please get in touch.
Tell us about your business, what you sell, and the audience you want to reach – give us 24 hours and we’ll come back to you with a fully-costed quote for 12 months’ usage of the relevant part of our database.
But we offer our clients more than just the accurate data you need to reach your target audience.
For one year after purchase, our creative marketing team will be available to review your email message copy, your postal marketing copy, and the telesales script you intend to use to contact the people on your mailing list.
Let us give you our feedback and comments on what you propose to send to the people on your list or what you propose to say on the telephone to them.
More Than Words note – the people on your mailing list are often referred to by marketeers as “contacts”, “subscribers” or “recipients”.
Looking for mailing lists and want help to carry out your next campaign?
If you don’t have the infrastructure or the staff to run your own email marketing campaigns, our team can do it for you instead.
We’ll design and write the text and the content of each email message we send to the contacts on your bespoke mailing list. We’ll notify you every time we receive a lead direct from the future customers on your database. Three days after each campaign, we’ll send you a data file showing you which decision making individuals opened your email message and clicked through to your website so you can follow them up.
Telemarketing is also a proven way to deliver better results from a bespoke mailing list. Working with an experienced telemarketer, a telemarketing manager, and a telesales script writer, we’ll personally introduce what you sell to the decision makers on your list with a view to booking appointments for you and your reps, generating leads, and gathering specific marketing data.
Which types of mailing list can I purchase from More Than Words?
You can purchase the contact details of just the people within companies and organisations most likely to buy from you – we offer a:
- UK business database – over 3,000,000 decision makers within UK companies.
- UK schools database – details on 50,000 head teachers and many 100,000s more teachers, heads of year, business managers, and more.
- UK public sector database – contact over 250,000 decision makers and elected officials with over 800 different job roles and functions.
B2B mailing lists
For the data you need to generate sales from decision-making contacts within the business sector, choose from our business lists:
School mailing lists
To generate sales enquiries from head teachers and other decision makers within the education sector, choose from our:
Public sector mailing lists
To sell to decision makers within the public sector (including elected officials with budgets), choose from our:
What are the job titles of the people on your mailing lists?
The future customers contained on your mailing list will, in nearly all cases, be the most senior decision makers within the company or organisation they own or work for. They will have the responsibility and the budget required to purchase your products and services.
B2B job title data
In addition to managing directors, we also holds hundreds of thousands of records for engineering procurement, facilities management, finance, fleet, health and safety, human resources, marketing, operations, general procurement, sales, and telecoms.
School job title data
In addition to the head teachers, we’re able to source contact data on other decision makers within schools including business managers, Heads of Year (first form, second form, third form, fourth form, and so on), business managers, facilities managers, SENCOs, and more.
Public sector job title data
Our public sector mailing list contains information on decision makers and influencers at all levels of seniority. The procurement structure of many public sector organisations is complicated, especially when one organisation is part of and funded by another larger organisation of which it is a direct member.
We have many years’ experience in sourcing the exact decision makers and influencers you need to be communicating with – please contact us for more.
What other data do you collect from each business, school, and public sector organisation?
In addition to collecting decision maker contact data on our mailing lists, we also collect a wide range of supporting data on the companies/organisations they own or work for to help us for enhanced segmentation.
This greatly improves our ability to supply you only with mailing lists containing the decision makers of the greatest potential commercial value to you.
Decision maker names – contact data
When compiling our B2B mailing list, we collect the following data on all decision making contacts:
- Name – we have separate data fields for the first name and last name of individuals and their salutation of choice (Mr, Ms, Mrs, Miss, Dr, and so on)
- Postal address – the full postal address including postcode where the decision maker is based.
- Phone number – the phone numbers we generally collect are the landline numbers (direct dial numbers) of the senior decision maker although, in smaller companies and organisations, we’re more likely to take down the switchboard phone number. Occasionally, we record mobile numbers too.
- Email address – for companies and public sector organisations, the email address we have for individuals on the database is generally their direct email address (it does not have to be forwarded to them by a secretary for example). For schools, we supply the office email address.
- Website address – where known, the website address is contained on the mailing list we send you.
More Than Words note – current marketing regulations dictate that we and our media partners are unable to collect and sell under licence email addresses from sole traders and partners. Therefore the number of business emails available is around 15-20% of the telephone and postal data records we hold on our B2B mailing list.
B2B mailing list data
For each business on our B2B mailing list, we also collect:
- number of employees (90%)
- number of branches (90%)
- type of premises (70%)
- website address (75%)
- level of turnover (banded) (60%)
- year the original company began trading (40%)
- company registration number (8%)
- incorporation date (8%)
- net worth (7%)
- profit or loss making? (2%)
- %age increase or decrease in profitability YOY (2%)
- turnover increase or decrease YOY (shown in pound sterling) (2%)
More Than Words note – the figure in brackets shows the percentage of companies on our database for which we have that data. If that field is particularly important to you when we’re running counts for your bespoke mailing list, please let your account manager know.
School mailing list data
For each school on our education mailing list, we also collect over one hundred different characteristics from the type of school to the number of pupils to Pupil Premium data. Please let us know which types of schools you wish to target before we run a bespoke count for your list.
Public sector mailing list data
For each organisation on our public sector mailing list, we also collect:
- Annual spend – the organisation’s spend over twelve months shown in millions.
- County – the postal county in which the contact is based
- Internal department – the name of the internal department which the contact works in
- General organisational grouping – Local Government, Regional Government, Central Government, NHS, QUANGOs, etc
- Main email – the main e-mail address for the organisation
- Main phone – the main telephone/switchboard number for the organisation
- Main site – indicates the site at which person is located at the headquarters or main site for the organization they work for
- Name of the organisation – The official legal title of the organisation
- Staffing level – Number of Employees employed across the organisation
- Organisational notes – Useful information we find about the organisation including forthcoming changes/mergers and so on
- Organisation Type – includes a top level description of the type of organisation a contact is working for (for example, an NHS Trust, Local Authority, and so on)
- Organisation Type Additional – used to further clarify an organisation or to describe a specific department within an organisation (for example, an Acute Trust, Metropolitan Council, and so on)
- Postcode – the postcode of the location at which the contact is based
Purchase a bespoke mailing list for your business or book a managed campaign
Let us create a mailing list bespoke to your company containing the people with British firms, schools, and public sector organisations most likely to need your products and services so that your sales and marketing team have the best chance of delivering you the results and generating the revenue that you want.
Find out more about the mailing lists we offer by calling one of our account managers 0330 010 3495 or click here to email our marketing databases team.
More Than Words note – need more than one member of staff to have access to the mailing list? An unlimited number of users within your company may access the database during the license period at no extra cost. If you need someone outside your company to have access to the database (like a 3rd party mailing house), please let your account manager know.
Power your next marketing campaign with More Than Words’ data and mailing lists
Want to find more new customers from your marketing campaigns? Want to work with marketers with the experience you need to successfully present your products and services to decision makers within businesses, schools, and the public sector?
For your next campaign, use a More Than Words mailing list and benefit from the creative input of our marketing and sales team whether you’re a data-only client or a managed services client.
Find out more about the mailing lists we offer by calling one of our account managers on 0330 010 3495 or click here to email our marketing databases team.
More Than Words note – not ready to buy yet but want to say in touch with us? Please subscribe to our email newsletter. Once every fortnight, you’ll receive our email newsletter message containing the latest news and information from us, any special offers we’re currently running as well (for both existing and new customers), and links to the latest marketing-related blogs and articles on our site.