Sell direct to businesses, schools, and the education sector with email marketing
Using email marketing will generate your company an average return of at least £42 worth of turnover for every £1 spent, according to the UK Data and Marketing Association.
The cost per lead and cost per customer acquisition on email marketing campaigns are a fraction of other direct marketing methods.
And ever since the introduction of GDPR in 2018, returns on investment enjoyed by our clients have continued to climb.
Our email marketing agency service provides clients with direct inbox access to:
- 350,000+ business decision makers,
- 40,000+ education decision makers and influencers, and
- 80,000+ public sector decision makers and influencers.
Choose only the data you need
With email marketing, you select just the businesses, schools, and public sector organisations you wish to target.
You don’t have to purchase the entire database.
In fact, we’d rather you didn’t.
The fewer the targets you select, the lower the cost.
Our job is to create the maximum number of closeable sales opportunities possible for your business at the minimum possible financial risk to you.
With our email marketing campaigns and databases, you only contact decision makers within businesses, schools, and public sector organisations who have a real interest in your products and services.
That means that you don’t have to spend any money messaging companies unlikely to buy from you.
Unsure which businesses and organisations you should target?
Speak to one of our account managers for guidance, advice, and ideas.
Our account managers have decades of collective experience on creating the most productive email marketing campaigns.
How many clients in total? Over 17,000 spanning 400 different business sectors.
Choose from one of our two service levels
We offer two types of email marketing service:
- managed email marketing services where we design your email, send it off to the recipients 12 times over the course of a year, and send you detailed performance reports following each broadcast and
- a database-only service where we send you a database containing the email addresses and other contact details of your desired recipients to you and you’re responsible for organising and executing the campaigns.
More Than Words advice – if you do not have experience in sending your own email marketing campaigns, we strongly recommend that you select the managed service.
Email marketing businesses
Email marketing to schools
Email marketing to the public sector
Find out more
For more information on our email databases and our managed email services, please call 0330 010 3495 or you can email by clicking here.
Selling to businesses with email marketing
We have over 350,000 direct email inbox addresses of owners and directors with the budget and the authority to make purchasing decisions.
Our database is segmented into over 2,000 business classifications so that you can choose only the companies with the highest likely level of interest in your products and services.
A fully managed 12 month B2B email marketing campaign
With over 350,000 business decision makers and influencers to target, we manage every aspect of your campaign from designing and copywriting through to dispatching 12 campaigns and producing a comprehensive report on each one
- Select only the targets you want to reduce your cost of investment
- Choose targets by line of business, geographical area, turnover, number of employees, and more
- Campaigns completely focused on achieving your commercial goals
- Your account is overseen by an experienced manager with over 5 years’ B2B experience
Find out more about our comprehensive B2B email database
Our B2B email database is the very same email database used in our fully-managed service for clients and it’s ideal for companies and organisations with experience in conducting successful email marketing campaigns in-house
- Choose targets by line of business, geographical area, turnover, number of employees, and more
- All campaign data is fully GDPR and PECR compliant
- Most records are updated on a 9-month cycle for maximum accuracy
- Quality guarantee thresholds triggering pro-rata refunds or record replacements
Selling to the education sector with email marketing
More Than Words’ email marketing agency team has cumulatively worked with over 7,000 companies, charities, and organisations to help them get their messages successfully into the schools marketplace.
We have detailed email, contact, and marketing information on over 50,000 educational establishments selectable by type of school, geographical location, number of pupils, and dozen of other fields.
Fully managed school email marketing campaigns from education sector experts
Using Britain’s most comprehensive and in-depth schools database as its source, our managed service clients benefit from email design, copywriting, dispatch, and full reporting across 12 campaigns
- You can choose to target just the schools you want or you can take your campaign to every school across the whole of the UK
- Choose targets by school type, geographical area, number of pupils, SEN provision, and dozens of other fields
- Over 12 months, establish your brand and showcase your products and services to school decision makers
- Work with an experienced account manager with over 10 years’ education experience
Run in-house campaigns with our comprehensive, constantly-updated UK school emails database
The More Than Words’ UK Education Disc, whose history stretches back to 2005, has played a key role for thousands of companies, charities, and organisations conducting their own successful email campaigns to British schools
- Data comprehensively broken down by school type, geographical area, number of pupils, SEN provision, and dozens of other fields
- Choose just the schools you want to target or the full database to market your products and services to every UK school
- UK Education Disc data updated on a three-month cycle
- Guarantees on accuracy covering email addresses, postal addresses, and main telephone numbers
Selling to the public sector with email marketing
Want to sell to the public sector for the first time and need help?
Or are you looking for an alternative data and support provider to your existing one?
More Than Words’ public sector email marketing service is suitable for all companies.
We have extensive experience in working with SMEs looking to break into this important market.
Our database contains over 130,000 public sector email addresses plus an additional 43,000 organisation email addresses across 88,000 organisations occupying over 118,000 sites across the UK.
Our contact information is so accurate that we actually supply many public sector organisations with this data.
And the knowledge More Than Words holds within our team on how to sell to the public sector could be the difference between your campaigns breaking even and making a profit.
Book a 12-month managed email marketing campaign to the public sector
Our campaigns to the public sector include 12 professional, responsive email designs plus the copy used to sell your products and services with emails dispatched every month followed by a comprehensive report for each campaign
- Select the decision makers and influencers by purchasing responsibility and by the type of organisation they work for from our marketing file
- Choose from contacts in central government, local government, the NHS, care homes, dentistry, further and higher education establishments, and Housing Associations
- Reach elected officials including MPs, Lords, and councillors (including parish councils)
- 12 months’ marketing to the contacts of your choice to educate them about your products, services, and your company
Comprehensive public sector email addresses database for in-house use
The most comprehensive, up-to-date, and granular public sector emails database is available to purchase in part or as a whole to companies and organisations with the technical and marketing knowledge to send their own campaigns
- Data regularly collected from central government, local government, the NHS, care homes, dentistry, further and higher education establishments, and Housing Associations
- Target the entire public sector or choose just the decision makers/influencers you want by their purchasing responsibility and by organisations they work for from our database
- Guarantees on accuracy covering email addresses, postal addresses, and main telephone numbers
- Data updated on a continuous three-month cycle
The real commercial value of email marketing
In addition to spending money to reach only qualified and interested decision makers, there are two other clear commercial advantages to email marketing.
First, its low cost in comparison to other forms of direct marketing like telemarketing and postal marketing is arguably its most significant benefit.
You’ll often pay less for 12 managed email campaigns (including design, copywriting, dispatch, and reporting) than you will for one telemarketing campaign or postal mail campaign.
Second, an email advertisement lands direct in a decision maker’s inbox and it is not subject to intervention or blocking from a secretary or other gatekeeper unlike telemarketing and postal marketing.
Email marketing delivers both:
- immediate and actionable leads and
- pipeline (future) leads – you’ll know which recipients are actively considering purchasing your products and services.
Both types of leads will keep your sales and marketing business team very busy.
Your account manager will show you how to make the most from the information on your campaign performance reports.
Our email marketing service is founded on fully-compliant data with a focus on quality, not quantity
You can purchase an email marketing database from eBay from as little as £2.49 with over 950 million addresses on it.
Instinctively you know that the results will be poor if you use it.
That’s because the data is highly likely to be extremely inaccurate and unreliable.
Many of the recipients you send emails to using a cheap database will report you as a “spammer” to your internet service provider.
And when they do, your website will then be at severe risk of being taken down and your primary email account will be at risk of suspension.
It’s just not worth the reputational or financial risk.
Email addresses are very easy to find.
What’s not easy to find are quality email addresses which are GDPR-compliant and updated on a nine-month cycle to ensure the highest quality and accuracy.
At More Than Words, you select just the contacts you wish to email from our three main databases – UK B2B, UK schools, and UK public sector.
You do so with complete confidence that each database has been built with quality of information as the main goal and not quantity of information.
You can also be assured that all UK and relevant laws and legislation have been followed to the letter.
Why sending 12 campaigns to your contact list over the year is important
Sustained and regular email marketing to businesses, schools, and the public sector:
- overcomes often significant buyer resistance particularly if a change of supplier is being considered and
- builds confidence in your company, its products and services, and its after-sales support.
When spending company or organisation money, decision makers and influencers are scared.
The fear of making a mistake
We all make mistakes when spending money on ourselves as individuals.
But, most of the time, our personal purchasing decisions bring us a level of individual satisfaction.
What we buy on a personal basis either solves a personal problem we’re experiencing or brings us pleasure in some way.
If we do choose the wrong product, service, or supplier, the only punishment we receive is from ourselves.
When purchasing for a business, it’s very different.
There is little to no individual satisfaction from a transaction even if the decision-maker owns the company.
And if the wrong product, service, or supplier is chosen, it may make doing business a lot harder – particularly if the purchase will affect the way a company trades.
The consequences of making the wrong decision
For a business owner, a wrong purchasing decision might set back their company’s progress significantly.
For an employee with a budget, the wrong decision might set their career prospects back or it might even lead to their dismissal.
This is true for for all employees whether they work for a business, school, or public sector organisation.
Buyers need to feel confidence in any company they purchase from – particularly if they are already purchasing the product or service you sell from another supplier.
How sending an email once a month removes most buyer objections
The four most positive effects of sending one email a month to your target audience are that:
- your company name becomes increasingly familiar to buyers meaning that they’re more likely to consider your company as a serious supplier to companies or organisations in their sector,
- buyers have heightened confidence in your ability to do the work well particularly if you have mentioned the names of other customers from the same sector in your campaigns,
- purchasers have a much clearer idea of the range of products and services you offer and the benefits and value they bring to a business, and
- buyers feel assured that you will continue to work with them post-purchase so that they get the result they want in the end.
For frequently-ordered low-value products which present little to no risk to the running of their business (like office stationery), email marketing is likely to result in immediate sales.
For more expensive and organisation-critical products and services, email marketing opens the door to an ongoing, trust-based, and productive dialogue between your company and your prospective clients.
The 6 techniques we use to generate the highest returns on investment for clients from their email marketing
By using an established team like More Than Words, you’re working with experienced professionald who:
- understand the value of closeable leads to a business and
- work to a set of techniques proven to generate as many closeable leads as possible throughout the 12 months of your email campaigns.
We use the following six approaches to generate the maximum level of enquiries and sales from the email campaigns we run for you.
1. Send messages of value to recipients
“Telling” and “selling” – the focus of each of your 12 emails will always be to encourage interaction with recipients which eventually lead to new deals.
However, the decision-makers you contact will stop opening messages from you if all they ever receive from your company are sales pitches.
While some of the emails you send will be overtly sales-led, you need to share with recipients your insights and experience in providing solutions and positive outcomes to your customers in your other emails.
The more they learn from you and they value your information, the easier it will be to gain their trust when they’re close to making a purchasing decision.
Sell on benefits – our email copywriters, the people who write the content for your campaign, are also experienced sales letter writers with years of experience in both face-to-face selling and telemarketing.
For clients using our managed email marketing agency services, our copywriters will thoroughly research:
- your industry,
- the products and services you sell,
- why buyers need them,
- what stops buyers from making a purchase, and
- your competitors.
The sales pitch element of each email campaign will be driven by clearly describing:
- the benefits of your products and services and
- how they solve an issue for a client or help them to make more money.
Narrow focus – choice is often the biggest enemy of sales.
In each email, we need to focus on ideally one product and service so we can strongly sell its benefits and demonstrate its value to your future clients.
We are happy to include more than one product and service in an email but please be aware that this may reduce the number of direct enquiries you recieve from prospective customers.
Remember receipients who can’t access graphical emails – up to 40% of businesses, schools, and public sector organisations can not receive graphical emails.
More often that not, IT teams block graphical emails for cybersecurity reasons.
With our managed services, we send out your emails in MIME format.
The MIME format means that, if a recipient can receive graphical emails, they will see your full email but, if not, they’ll see a text-only version instead.
2. Don’t overcomplicate appearance and remember compatibility
Minimalist, elegant, legible, email design – when working with More Than Words, no custom email templates are used.
All of your email designs are created in-house from scratch.
Your design will look as if it’s come from your company.
We will use your logo, your fonts, your taglines, and your company colours.
When a recipient clicks through to your website from your email, they will see consistent branding which delivers confidence and peace of mind.
And your design will never overshadow your important sales message or we never use graphical elements or structures which makes your email harder to read in any way.
Main message above the fold – when recipients open your email, what they see first (the content “above the fold”) must let them know what’s in the rest of the message to persuade them to scroll further down.
Looks great on any device – with over half of B2B and work-related emails opened on mobile phones and opening rates on mobile emails more than doubling in recent years, your design must be responsive so that it looks good an any device whether desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone.
3. Predictability and visibility
Regular contact – you should send your messages to recipients at roughly the same time of the month.
In 3 to 4 months’ time, recipients will now:
- expect to see your message,
- appreciate the timeliness of delivery, and
- be more likely to open and read the contents.
Prime-time delivery – there is little to no value in sending out an email to a prospective client if they are not in a business frame of mind.
Our email marketing agency dispatchers aim to send all client emails between 10am and 2pm on weekdays.
However, when marketing to some industries, you may actually benefit from your emails being sent between 7.30 and 8.30am or between 4.30pm and 5.30pm.
If you are in one of those industries, we’ll let you know when you contact us.
4. Give something to get something back
Link to an important article on your site – do you have content on your website or can you create content which shares important and useful knowledge with your target audience?
Do your blogs and online articles offer new perspectives on the added value that your products and services deliver to clients?
Linking back to your online library of articles or case studies is a successful way to build credibility in your company.
Better still, we can track which of your recipients click through to read the articles and then pass their contact details on to your sales team for follow up.
Don’t have any? Ask about our services when you call.
Downloadable and shareable content – you can use email marketing to invite your recipients to download product description sheets, white papers, and more.
This can be particularly useful for sales teams as they’ll be able to see who downloaded it and get in touch with them straight after.
5. Always ask for the business
Give a variety of response mechanisms – we would recommend a mixture of links to your website (for tracking purposes), your email address (so you can receive direct enquiries), and your telephone number.
Ensure that the call to action is where it’s expected – email recipients expect the call to action to be at the bottom of an email so it should definitely always be placed there.
There is however no disadvantage into having additional calls to action as long as the extra calls to action do not take up valuable selling and telling space.
6. Respect the wishes of receipients who no longer want to be contacted
Unsubscription management – our managed email marketing team manages all unsubscription requests for you during the course of your campaign.
Responses to your email campaigns – how we send them to you
For clients purchasing our managed campaigns, we provide you with immediate notification on direct enquiries and full reports on each of your 12 campaigns.
More Than Words’ LIVELead service team will forward you the details of any direct enquiries from your chosen decision makers within 30 minutes of receipt.
For a variety of different reasons, mainly technical, you don’t receive direct responses from clients on the campaigns we broadcast for you.
Instead, we handle all initial interactions with email receipients on your behalf.
This is mainly to ensure that we can unsubscribe recipients from future campaigns who don’t use the embedded link within the email to do so but who choose to click “reply” and send a written request instead.
The important market intelligence you gain from your campaign reports
Three days after each of your twelve email campaigns are dispatched, we send you a full report on your campaign showing the following information:
1. Openers – we send you full details (including name, company, email address, main telephone number, and more) of every decision maker who opens your email.
We also show you the number of times they have opened it in the three days since they received your email.
Many of our clients have generated significant numbers of additional sales leads by following up the decision makers who have opened their emails the most.
2. Click throughs – we will also send you full details of every recipient who clicks through to your website from your email.
As with openers, we also indicate the number of times they have clicked on the links in your email within the three days since transmission.
3. Unsubscribers – for your own records, we send you full details of every unsubscribe request.
The best email marketing agency team you can working with
The email marketing agency team at More Than Words has provided service to over 17,500 clients since 2002 when they all started working together at a different company (which was sold in 2015).
We have extensive connections within the industry meaning that we know:
- which data owners hold the highest quality information on your potential clients, and
- where to find that really specialist data you might have been looking for
We sell our data on an annual licence (allowing a maximum of 12 sends throughout the year) giving you the greatest opportunity to find new clients and to build an appreciative and responsive audience to your campaigns.
Your primary contact will be your account manager – your representative and your voice within More Than Words.
Their role is to be there with you throughout our 12 months of service ensuring that everything goes as smoothly as possible.
In addition to your account manager, the following people work on your campaign if you select our managed email marketing service:
1. Copy writer – the email copywriting professional we assign you creates the content for each of your twelve emails.
Their aim is to give your campaigns the best possible chance of achieving your commercial and sales goals over the year.
2. Designer – their main responsiblity is to produce the visuals for each of your 12 broadcasts.
3. Dispatcher – the dispatcher maintains the quality of your emailing database throughout the year (including updates from data suppliers and managing unsubscribers).
They are also responsible for programming More Than Words’ bespoke, high-reputation online marketing platforms to send your campaigns out.
4. Reporter – the reporter is responsible for sending you your campaign performance report three days after each broadcast.
Your reports include information on the contact details of receipients who have opened, clicked through, and unsubscribed from each campaign.
Winning lapsed accounts back by working with an email marketing agency
Using an experienced email marketing agency is a highly effective way to win orders from:
- lapsed old accounts and
- prospects (company decision-makers and influencers who have left their details with you but not ordered anything yet).
Be sure to ask your account manager about including them on your email campaigns.
Working with More Than Words, the UK email marketing agency service
We’re open during office hours between Monday and Friday.
Please call us, email us, or fill out the contact form and let us know what you want to achieve with email marketing.
Our email marketing agency team is available on 0330 010 3495 or you can contact them by email by clicking here.
We’re based in North Shields town centre if you want to come and visit us. There is plenty of free parking outside and we’re only three minutes’ walk from North Shields Metro station.