The More Than Words approach
More Than Words was founded in 2016 by Mark & Ben Fairlie after an extensive career spanning over 20 years in the marketing industry.
In 2018, we merged with another local company and we now offer wide range of marketing and promotional services for clients wanting to drive engagement with their target audiences and to drive sales and revenue.
The services we offer range from content marketing to copy writing, email marketing to telemarketing, and social media management to niche marketing.
We’re straight talking and honest
We’re here to make sure you enjoy a significant return on investment on the services you purchase from us and, if we think we can improve your ideas, we’ll tell you.
We’d rather not take cash from you if we genuinely can’t see how we’re going to make you any money.
We like our clients to be straight talking and honest
For any marketing agency, the key to delivering the best possible service is understanding as much about your company, its culture, and its future goals.
The early part of our working together will be spent finding out as much about you, the products and services you offer, and the marketplace you operate in.
If you don’t like something we do or you disagree with us, we want you to tell us.
If you want revisions made to a piece of copy we’ve written for you, we want you to tell us so that we can go away and put it right.
We’re experienced marketers and salespeople meaning that:
- we all have thick skins,
- we don’t take criticism personally, and
- we’d rather work from a place of enlightenment rather than ignorance which is caused by a well-intentioned desire to not offend or upset us.
We believe the future is both inbound and outbound
Inbound marketing – optimising your website and having a visible presence on social media:
- builds up sales pipelines,
- engages with future customers at different parts of the buying cycle, and
- delivers a predictable and profitable flow of leads into any business which invests in it.
However, we believe that (with the possible exception of ecommerce stores) business only gets done when two people start talking to each other.
In every piece of content we produce for your inbound marketing campaign, our goals are to:
- ensure your company name is recognised widely and that your audience knows what you do
- address the hopes and desires of your core audience in our work as well as addressing the pain points – those blocks stopping a client getting in touch with you
- improve the search engine ranking of your site and build your social media followers.
Outbound is not dead though and, when combined with inbound marketing, it can be particularly effective.
When done properly, outbound marketing (email marketing to bought-in lists, email newsletters, and telemarketing campaigns):
- puts your company in greater control of its lead generation
- leads to higher sale prices because you’re more likely to be the only company they’re considering dealing with at the time
- creates opportunities for the closers in your company to do business on a timetable more suited to you than your clients’
We specialise in helping companies market in the UK
We’re all native British English speakers at More Than Words who specialise in running inbound and outbound marketing campaigns to British businesses and citizens.
We love the varieties of English spoken in America, Australia, New Zealand, India, and other countries. Their versions of English are alive, vibrant, expressive, and important.
However, if we tried to write in American English, we’d not do as well as a native American English speaker.
Whether your company is based in the UK marketing to a home audience or you’re an overseas voice wanting to sell your goods and services in Britain, our use of language in print, on the Internet, and over the phone is distinctly British English.
Get in touch with us
We’re open during office hours between Monday and Friday.
Please call us, email us, or fill out the contact form below and let us know what you want for your business over the coming 12-24 months.
We’re available on 0330 010 3495 or you can email us at email@example.com.
We’re based in North Shields town centre if you want to come and visit us. We’re only three minutes’ walk from North Shields Metro station and there is plenty of free parking outside you can use.