Is telemarketing to schools good for finding new clients in the sector? Absolutely yes and it’s an area in which More Than Words offers clients a lot of experience and insight.
There’s one thing for certain in the educational marketplace, and it’s that schools will always need resources.
Despite budget cuts from the UK Government’s austerity program up until the COVID-19 crisis struck, there was still a strong call for products and services for each new academic year.
In the past, it was widely believed that schools had their list of preferred suppliers and getting onto these lists was virtually impossible.
Today, more businesses are aware that independent schools, academies, and multi academy trusts (MATS) have their own budgets to manage and they are not subject to local government procurement policies.
This leaves a significant gap in the market for small businesses and entrepreneurs to expand their network and cement in lucrative contracts.
Budgets for books, workshops, stationary, trips, maintenance work and websites all require specialist help and your company could be the one to provide it.
Is telemarketing to schools as good as email marketing to schools?
Email marketing is a popular way to introduce yourself to local schools and its popular thanks to its low-cost implications and trackability.
Running email marketing campaigns is recommended throughout the year but best avoided during the summer holidays when the schools is likely to be running on a skeleton staff.
Although school email marketing campaigns are still popular, the response levels can be incredibly varied.
It all depends on the email addresses you have access to and whether they are getting to the right person at the right time.
Ideally, once you’ve received your report on email click through rates and level of engagement, you should be following up with a call or further link if applicable.
Remember, the contact only becomes a valid two-way conversation if the recipient responds.
Interested in emailing schools? You can do it yourself using our school email address list or we can run your school email marketing campaigns for you.
Telemarketing to schools
Does the thought of picking up the telephone and calling your target school fill you with fear?
If so, you’re not alone.
Telemarketing to schools is a difficult skill to master and scares even the most confident of business owners.
Lack of time, knowledge, and confidence alongside fear of rejection means actually phoning up a school with your business proposal in the hope of making a positive link doesn’t happen all that often.
If you fail to follow up your educational marketing campaigns with a genuine ‘real person’ connection, you’re missing out on a huge amount of potential leads, sales and networking opportunities.
Is telemarketing to schools good? Our five top benefits
Using telemarketing to schools in your marketing strategy has many benefits, as it:
- opens up the human connection and starting a real, relatable dialogue – ‘humanising’ your business is highly valuable and will make sure you stand heads above the competition in your sector,
- provides the opportunity to quickly establish whether there is a real need for your product or service – if not, can save you time in the short run. If so, it allows you to start to build the relationship needed in order to secure contracts further down the line,
- allows you to find out who the key decision maker is in that educational establishment – and how best you can get in touch with them,
- generates strong leads which can be followed up – by further phone or email conversations or by arranging a face-to-face if required, and
- delivers a better return on investment when combined other types of marketing – ask one of our account managers about how it can generate more leads and sales when combined with email marketing.
Extra benefits of using telemarketing in the educational sector
As well as the benefits listed above, outsourcing a telemarketing team to pitch your products and services to schools has the following advantages:
- a flexible service to fit around your business requirements and budget,
- a highly experienced telemarketer with a track record of generating leads when calling schools thanks to their understanding of how schools operate logistically as well as being friendly and professional in their tone, and
- gathering additional relevant information which you can use to keep your school database up-to-date and use for more targeted marketing in the future.
Is telemarketing to schools good for sales? Yes – if you use the right team
Whether you already work with schools or would like to branch out into this sector, we can help you secure valuable contracts.
We are a full-service marketing agency that offer fully flexible telemarketing services in order to get your product into schools.
For businesses who are looking to market to schools for the first time, we can provide you with an up-to-date, clean database that has been tailored specifically to your needs.
We manage email campaigns for you and follow up with an impactful telemarketing service to maximise sales leads.
If you would like to find out further information on how our telemarketing for schools can help your business, simply call us on 0330 010 8300 or click here to email us.