When you add all of the industry sector lists we and our media partners have compiled, you get a complete B2B data list – a comprehensive and accurate snapshot of British businesses with contact details for use on your direct marketing campaigns.
There are over 3,000,000 UK business spanning over 2,000 different business sectors.
This is a complete UK business database containing all examples of industries currently trading in the country.
Our combined industry sector lists include our B2B email database with over 400,000 decision makers’ direct inbox email addresses. It also includes both our business to business mailing list for postal marketing campaigns and B2B telemarketing data for outbound telesales campaigns.
Below, in the accordion sector, we have broken down our set of industry sector lists into alphabetical order so you can pick and choose the types of companies most likely to want and need the products and services you sell.
After that, we’ll explain how to select just the data you want from our industry sector lists together with the four different direct marketing models we offer to clients.
To speak with one of our account managers about finding the right decision makers for your next direct marketing campaigns, please call us on 0330 010 3495 or you can click here to email our marketing databases team.
More Than Words note – prefer to see the list broken down by industry sector grouping? Click here for our B2B data lists.
More Than Words note – in addition to selling contact information for senior decision makers in British businesses, we also sell a:
Please get in touch with us to let us know which information will be most useful for your direct marketing campaigns.
How to buy sales data from our UK industries list – FAQ
More Than Words’ comprehensive UK business data set contains everything from different types of manufacturing industries to the entire IT sector in the UK to all types of retailers and restaurants.
There are millions of business decision makers to choose from and you can reach over 400,000 direct at their email inbox.
Get in touch with us – let us know about your company, what you sell, which companies buy it, and why they buy your products and services. You’ll receive 12 months’ support from your account manager, our technical and advertising teams, as well as our in-house copywriters and content marketers.
Do you have to buy the entire database?
No – we’d rather not sell you the entire database either. That’s because the key to making the most money from any form of direct marketing whether that’s a telemarketing campaign, a postal marketing campaign, or email marketing campaigns is to be absolutely precise about who you target.
When you get in touch with us, we’ll work out, in partnership with you, which decision makers within which types of company are most likely to want your products and services.
Through the use of B2B buyer persona building, we’ll get into the mind of your target audience to understand what problem your product or service solves and what opportunities it unlocks. If you use our managed services, our email marketing copywriters and telesales script writers will build in this knowledge to your approach to the clients.
You can select the companies and decision makers you target by line of business, geography, size (number of employees/branches and/or turnover), and more.
Do you sell details of decision makers other than the managing director or senior contact?
Yes. Although the contact names on our industry sector lists are primarily for the senior contact (managing director, CEO, and so on), we do hold over 200,000 contacts with responsibility for purchasing the following: engineering procurement, facilities management, finance, fleet, health and safety, human resources, marketing, operations, general procurement, sales, and telecoms.
If a particular type of contact is more likely to buy your products and services than the senior contact, please let your account manager know when you get in touch.
Do our industry sector lists contain sole traders and unincorporated partnerships’ email addresses?
No. We stopped collecting and providing the email contact addresses because, even if our clients used them to promote products and services related to the recipients’ business, the email addresses of sole traders and partners is now considered as personal information under GDPR rules.
If you wish to read our GDPR policy, please click here.
Do you offer guarantees on quality?
Yes. We guarantee that 98% of the postal addresses will be accurate, 95% of telephone numbers, and 85% of email addresses (excluding soft bounces).
Four marketing options once you’ve selected the decision makers most likely to buy from you
1. Self-service option – database supply
- Once you have agreed your targets with us, we’ll then supply you with the database in either an Excel, Access, or CSV format by email (normally within 48 hours of payment)
- Support from our technical team free of charge over the year if you need help using and manipulating the database
- Feedback, support, and suggestions from our advertising support team – before you send out emails/letters or make phone calls to decision makers, send it to us. Our email copywriters, sales letter writers, and telesales script writers will get back to you with their thoughts in a day or two.
- You can use the data as many times as you like for 12 months after purchase – the only restriction is that you can send no more than 12 emails to recipients during the course of the year (if you purchased the email addresses with the database).
- This is the same as the self-service option plus:
- Free email design – we will design an email for you (including sales-driven email marketing copywriting text) to promote your products and services to recipients.
- Three managed email marketing campaigns – we will send the email design we’ve created for you (following sign-off) to recipients on your industry sector lists three times (we suggest sending either fortnightly or weekly).
- Urgent lead alerts – we receive replies and unsubscribes from your email campaign as part of the service. If, when we’re broadcasting your campaign, we see a lead which requires follow up, we will alert your straight away.
- Campaign statistics – three days following transmission, we will send you a spreadsheet containing information on how your target buyers interacted individually with your email broadcast. We’ll show you which decision makers opened your emails and/or clicked through as well as the number of times they did so. Ask your account manager about how you can use open and clickthrough data to generate an even greater number of leads.
- This is the same as the self-service option plus;
- Prior to calling, speak with your account manager to let them know what your aims of the campaign are – book appointments, generate leads for follow-up, gather market intelligence, and so on. 45 hours of calls will result in between 800 and 1,000 conversations so you’ll need to let your account manager know which of the 800-1,000 decision makers on your industry sector lists are most important to you.
- You then work with our telesales script writer to create the optimum opening and closing strategies for each call together with creating responses to likely client objections during the call
- Following your sign-off of the script/structure, our telemarketing manager will then select and train one of our in-house representatives to work on your campaign. We strongly suggest that you and your telemarketer speak on the phone prior to calling so that they can get to know you, you get to know them, and they feel comfortable asking you any questions that they’re not sure of the answer to.
- Following training, your telemarketing rep will then begin 45 hours’ worth of calling. You can track your rep’s progress live online via GSuite and also access and listen to the calls which have been made on your behalf.
- We will notify you immediately if there is a contact we have made which would benefit from immediate follow-up.
More Than Words note – although our minimum bookable calling time to GPs’ surgeries is 45 hours, you can book more time in if you like. Please speak with your account manager.
4. Combined email & telephone marketing service plus data
- As services 2 and 3 except that:
- Your 45 hours’ worth of calling will be split into 3 sections of 15 hours. Each 15 hours’ worth of calls will take place following one of your three email campaigns.
- On the telemarketing campaigns, your rep will contact each of the decision makers who either clicked through or opened your email. We will prioritise calling the decision makers who opened or clicked through the greatest number of times.
Marketing to all industry sectors in the UK
The four packages above are the most popular packages purchased by clients but we’re here to serve you and to help you achieve your sales and revenue goals. If you have a different package in mind for the contacts you’ve chosen from our industry sector lists, please let us know.
To speak with one of our team about using our industry sector lists to communicate direct with decision makers responsible for purchasing your products and services, please call us on 0330 010 3495 or you can click here to email our marketing databases team.